Recipe onion soup with cheese
There is nothing better than French cuisine! From it always breathes elegance. One of the most common first course of French cuisine - is onion soup. According to one version, it came to us from the poor areas of Paris, where the onion was the only readily available food. According to another version, this product was invented by King Louis the Beloved, who, being hungry, made a meal of that found in his hunting lodge. In any case, today it serves even the most expensive restaurants in France. For a special piquancy to it before serving add brandy or dry white wine and a bit of pushing in a closed pot.
- 4 onions,
- a piece of chicken (for the broth),
- 1 liter of water,
- 1 carrot,
- 2 tablespoons flour,
- 100 grams of cheese,
- 3 teeth of garlic,
- vegetable oil,
- bread or loaf (for croutons),
- salt, sugar, spices.
Preparation of soup
- Start cooking the onion soup need to broth. To do this, take a piece of chicken (thigh, belly, or other part), peeled onion and carrot. Set on fire, bring to a boil, salt, pepper, add herbs (I had a mix named "French Grass", for more flavor). «French Grass» - a title of seasoning, manufactured in Russia. You can take any French seasoning.
- Рut the stew for 30 minutes, in the meantime, prepare the remaining ingredients. Peel and cut the remaining onion into half rings or cubes. You can not too finely.
- In a stewpan or a saucepan melt the butter and toss back to onion. Put the minimum gas to onion stewed as long as possible. Onion need to add salt and pepper and add a couple of spoonfuls of broth, which by that time is almost ready. Add the flour to onion.
- Mix well, season with salt again, pepper and add a little bit of sugar. Remove from the heat onion and broth. Take out the chicken and vegetables from the broth. Cut vegetables and add to the onion. All this mix using a blender. That is what we have coming out.
- After that, pour the remaining sauce broth, stir well and set on fire.
- Bring to a boil, and cook for about 10 minutes. At this time, grate the cheese and add to the soup (if you rub it on a small grater, it will melt and almost dissolved in the total mass).
- Wait until the cheese is completely melted and turns off fire. Onion soup is almost ready. Now it can gradually cool down, and we need to prepare the croutons. To do this, finely cut garlic and throw it in the hot oil (olive is best). Fry the garlic for 5-10 minutes, take out and throw bread, diced. Oil should be enough to fry all the pieces. If all the oil is absorbed and croutons still softish, you can put on perfume them in the oven.
- Sprinkle from above soup with croutons before it serving.
Advice for vegetarians! If you want to cook a dish without meat broth, you can be boiled vegetable. It will be made from onion, carrot, tomatoes, thyme and other herbs of your choice. For those who are quite strict with their vegan menu, you can replace butter with olive or corn oil, and cheese - soy tofu.