Pea soup with a chicken smoked breast
Significant minuses of bean and pea soup are - a lot of time for their preparation and consequences of the increased gas generation. The first and the second problems, strangely enough, decide by the same method - soaking of peas in water for 4-12 hours. Boiling of peas constitutes on time at least an hour.
For this soup I used a remain of smoked chicken breast which I used for preparation of salad with haricot and chicken breast. As a result, with the minimum set of products - good pea soup from a chicken smoked breast has turned out . The specified quantity of products will be enough for 6 portions of cream soup.
Products for pea soup
- Peas shredded - 300 grams
- Potatoes - 2 pieces
- Smoked chicken breast - 150 grams
- Carrots - 1 piece
- Onion (an average head) - 1 piece
- Parsley and fennel - 1 bunch
- Vegetable oil - 3 tablespoons
- Salt and seasoning - to taste
Order of preparation of pea soup
- Take yellow, chipped by halves, peas and to wash out it several times in cold water, merging water several times.
- Fill in with a fresh portion of water and to leave to bulk up in a plate about 2-4 hours. On a half of this time, it is necessary to replace one more time water.
- Peas shall bulk up a little. Wash out it under clear water. Pour clear water (about 3 liters) in a pan and fill there peas.
- Deliver to cook on a plate approximately for 40 minutes. In order to avoid sticking of peas to pan, it is necessary to stir several times it with a spoon.
- Clear onion bulb and diced it.
- Wash carrots and clear. Grate and fry on vegetable oil with onions to a softening.
- Wash out potatoes under water and cut in small cubes.
- Add potatoes cubes to a pan and cook 10 minutes, before it having salted and having peppered soup.
- To add a smoked breast, onions and carrots to almost already ready pea soup.
- Small to cut greens and to add it to a pan with our soup.
- Cook ten more minutes, switch off a plate and allow it to reach still some time.
- Give pea soup hot, with garlic toasts, sour cream and greens.