Classic recipe of russian kvass
Few people know that according to one of the classifications classic kvass - slavic historic beer. However, its strength had a small: about one degree (usually no more than 2%).
There are dozens of varieties of kvass. This beverage can be fruity, berry, milk, honey and bread. Each Russian person is capable, without reading an inscription, to tell that sell in the summer in yellow huge barrels. On a window sill on the blaze of the sun people put on a heat volume 3-liter jars with this dark drink.
The classic kvass is not just good thirst quencher, it contains vitamins, minerals and enzymes. The recipe of its preparation is simple, but each has his own mistress.
Products for preparation of classical kvass:
- Gray or rye bread (it is possible to take Borodinsky) – some pieces,
- Honey – 2 tablespoons,
- Yeast – a third of a teaspoon,
- Rye flour (it is possible to take any other) – 1 spoon,
- Rye and barley malt – 3 tablespoons,
- Lemon acid – on a knife tip,
- Raisin – some berries.
Order of preparation of classical kvass:
- You need the pure, sterilized 3-liter can in which we will prepare kvass.
- At first boil water.
- Cut bread on pieces and put it on a baking sheet.
- Make crackers of bread, it is possible to allow them blush.
- Pour out the boil water of a teapot and allow it to cool down approximately up to the temperature of a human body.
- Pay attention that the glass jar shouldn`t be full to top.
- Pour out bulk products in glass jar and accurately mix them.
- It is possible to add in glass jar 2-3 spoons of sugar, but it is better to use honey. It will give to drink additional aroma.
- Pour out some berries of raisin, they intensify fermentation process.
- Put classical kvass on a solar windowsill or on a balcony and close a dense gauze to glass jar that dust didn`t get to it. 1 days later drink will become more muddy and in it there will be bubbles. At this stage it is possible to taste drink to understand, whether its taste is pleasant to you. Then accurately merge liquid in other pure can and put it in the refrigerator. There kvass will settle and will reach the necessary state. Next day drink can be spilled on glasses or to fill with it okroshka, to a botvinye or other Russian dishes.
Cover glass jar with a dense bed of a gauze
What to do from the remains ferment? On its basis can put a new portion of kvass, having added in glass jar of crackers, malt and honey. And while on the street there are hot days, it is possible to do constantly this real and useful Russian drink. Bon appetit and good luck!